WHY SHOULD I BOOK WITH KIWISKI?
When you book your ski tour with us, you don’t pay any fees for our services. Our specialist ski travel consultants have visited all the resorts we sell so are able to offer you unbiased information based on personal experience. If we wouldn’t stay at a particular hotel, or deal with a particular hire company, we wouldn’t expect you to. We can book flights, accommodation, hire vehicles, equipment , lift passes, excursions and events on your behalf. In doing this we can save you both money and time.
HOW DO I START TO PLAN MY TOUR?
We don’t do package tours, nothing is ‘off the shelf’. So you start by telling us what you want and we’ll help you do all the rest.
HOW GOOD A SKIER DO I NEED TO BE?
Whether you are a complete novice or an Olympic champion, everyone has to start somewhere, so how good a skier you are is irrelevant. Most ski fields cater for all abilities. If you are a complete beginner we would recommend expert tuition from the Ski Schools at your resort.
WHAT ARE WEATHER CONDITIONS LIKE IN THE RESORT?
The weather is variable and one can literally get 4 seasons in one day. It can be snowing with icy Antarctic blasts in the morning, with brilliant, warm sunshine in the afternoon. Therefore, when travelling to New Zealand, it is important to pack clothing for any type of weather conditions – from sun to wind to hail to snow to rain. Layering your clothing is a good option – frosty mornings often turn into warm, sunny days, but remember it will be winter so it can also be very cold. On average you can expect highs of around 15 degrees Celsius, and lows between -5 and 10 degrees.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE MOUNTAINS ARE CLOSED?
If the mountains are closed, this will be because of insufficient depth of snow, too much snow – which increases the avalanche risk, poor visibility or icy conditions. If the mountains/pistes are closed it is because your safety is paramount and the risk to skiers is considered too great.
WHAT SHOULD I TAKE WITH ME?
This will depend on whether you are renting your equipment or not, but as a rule of thumb you will need all of the following:-
- Layering is definitely best. Skiing can be warm work, so pack thermals, fleeces and a shell that can be discarded as necessary rather than a huge down jacket which will take up lots of room in the suitcase and probably won’t be needed.
- Pack at least two pairs of mittens or gloves so that you always have warm, dry ones available. Snowball fights, tumbles and other fun activities can lead to wet gloves and cold hands so more than one pair makes a real difference.
- Salopettes or ski suit. Breathable fabrics are best as these keep you dry as well as warm.
- We would advise wearing well-fitting ski socks as they are warm and make ski boots more comfortable. Don’t wear two pairs of ordinary socks instead, as they can wrinkle and cause blisters.
- Boots are a must for going out and about in the resort and can also be worn if going sightseeing. Snow boots are best as they are light, warm and have a good tread.
- Warm hats and scarves.
- Ski goggles or sun glasses to protect against snow blindness which can be very painful.
- Sun cream and lip salve
HOW MUCH IS EQUIPMENT RENTAL INSURANCE? WHAT DOES IT COVER? DO I NEED IT?
Although it is entirely your choice we would recommend that you take the option of insuring your rental equipment. Please be aware of the following.
- The insurance covers rental equipment only.
- Should you break a pole, lose a ski or have your equipment stolen the insurance you take out will cover the cost of replacement. It is not the same as accident insurance and personal injury is not included. This would come under your, quite separate, travel insurance.
- If you lose any equipment or have it stolen then you must inform the police and file a report. Your insurers are unlikely to accept a claim without the report.
- If you choose to forgo the insurance you are liable for the whole cost of any equipment that is lost, damaged or stolen.
- Insurance costs may vary from company to company but can be included in the overall price that we quote you. Talk to us!
CAN YOU CATER FOR SPECIFIC DIETARY REQUIREMENTS?
Yes, as long as you tell us what your needs are when you confirm your booking.
IS THE PACKAGE PRICE THE TOTAL PRICE OR THE PER PERSON PRICE?
The tour price is the TOTAL price of your holiday and is the sum of the individual costs for each person.
DOES THE QUOTE INCLUDE FLIGHTS?
This will depend on the option that you have chosen. If you have asked us to include flights then the quote will reflect this.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Please click on the link and read our cancellation policy carefully as it sets out both your rights and your responsibilities.
DO YOU CHARGE TO MAKE CHANGES TO A BOOKING?
No, we don’t. We understand that situations and needs can alter, particularly when working with large groups, and we will do our very best to accommodate any changes that need to be made
ARE MEALS INCLUDED?
For school groups all meals are included. You must advise us at the time of booking if anyone in your party has any special dietary needs.
WHAT IS THE ARRANGEMENT FOR PICKING UP PASSES AND EQUIPMENT?
You will be fitted with your equipment on the day of arrival and will be handed your lift passes at the same time.